Wednesday 16 February 2011

Workshops Akimbo and Branching Out...


Hiya from Taiwan!
So It's been a super intense past couple of weeks since I arrived in Taiwan....There was a whole load of prep work and deadlines prior to the fashion workshops kicking off and now we are working towards the end of the project and the catwalk presentation this coming weekend.
The theme of my workshops was to tie in with the upcoming lantern festival h
ere in Taiwan so everyone is working on 'wearable lanterns'. I'm working with around 10 different groups ranging from a local storytelling collective, to Dream Community staff and residents here at the complex. The attendees have a whole bunch of themes going on including Egyptians, Year of the Rabbit, Alice in Wonderland, Strawberry Season, Recycling and of course Lady Gaga!
I've been putting some mammoth hours in at the studio and I've been riding out being ill for the past week so not too much juicy gossip...but a couple of days ago I got to make my first venture out sightseeing...so here are some pictures from my grand day out... Bit of a whistlestop tour as it was pissing it down with rain and exhaustion was totally kicking in...but I hit up the Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall, the Ximending area (which was AWESOME!), the mega tall 101 Building...a bunch of temples... Taipei City Hall....tra la la...

So there you have it...that's what has been rolling this past couple of weeks here in Taiwan!!!
Love and Sparkles,
Emma
xxx

2 comments:

VildesVerden said...

OMG, sounds and looks like you are having an amazing time!

Daisy said...

Looks amazing emma, i personally like the Clarks advert ;)